Centerpieces and Collectibles
Table Displays, Centerpieces, Mantel Decorations, Etc.
NOTE: The information below is from the 2013 Festival of Trees. All details are subject to change for 2014. Updated information will be posted by mid-2014.
Beautiful centerpieces are decorated, donated, and displayed in Centerpieces and Collectibles. These items are sold by silent auction on Opening Night of Festival of Trees, Tuesday, December 3, 2013, and throughout Festival week, December 4 - 7, 2013. One hundred percent of all funds raised will help children at Primary Children's Hospital.
If you are interested in decorating and donating a Centerpiece to the Festival of Trees, the following policies and procedures will assist you in making your decision:
Registering Your Centerpiece and Collectible
Your space will be guaranteed if registration is submitted by November 1. After the deadline, registrations will be accepted as space is available.
Do NOT solicit businesses for a donation without first clearing that contact with Primary Children's Hospital Foundation. Call 801.662.5964 with questions.
Attend Decorator's Workshop October 12, 10:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. (Open House)
- Decorating demonstrations, tips, helpful hints, and information.
Things to Remember When Decorating Your Centerpiece or Collectible
- MUST BE ARTIFICIAL.
- Centerpieces with a Christmas theme sell best. Beauty, creativity, and imagination add spice!
- Furnish a box(es) for delivery and storage of your item.
- Boxes must be marked with the name of the design and space number, and placed directly under the display table.
- Tables are covered in white. However, you may provide table coverings (which will be sold with the arrangement).
- Live plants, water ornaments, globes, or other water features are not allowed.
- If using lights, use those with UL listing. Include any replacement bulbs and fuses in your storage box.
- We encourage accessories such as candles, ceramics, table settings, table coverings, and other items you feel will enhance your design (which will be sold with the arrangement).
- All Centerpieces and Collectibles and accessories become the property of Festival of Trees and will be priced and sold as such.
- No advertising or inappropriate material will be accepted.
- Provide an easel if one is required for your creation.
Decorating Day, Monday, December 2, 2013
- The South Towne Expo Center will open at 7:00 a.m. to begin decorating.
- First thing: Check in at the Centerpieces and Collectibles registration table to review your sign and receive other information.
- Your item MUST be completed by 7:00 p.m.
- Keep a Record of Expenses and Save Receipts for your Tax Purposes.
On Decorating Day, you will be asked at check out for your Centerpieces and Collectibles Itemization of Expenses Form to help determine the fair market value of your item. To receive a tax receipt from the Festival of Trees, bring all receipts for purchased items associated with your display.
- Leave children home. Due to security and safety issues, we recommend children be left at home.
- At check-out upon completion of your Centerpiece or Collectible, you will receive one Opening Night invitation for Tuesday, December 3 at 8:00 p.m., OR two thank you tickets to the Festival to be used any day Wednesday through Saturday, December 4 - 7.
- Each Opening Night invitation will admit two adults.
- Babies and children under the age of 16 will NOT be admitted on Opening Night.
- After Decorating Day, Opening Night tickets cannot be exchanged for admittance into the Festival later in the week.
- If you wish to attend the 5:00 p.m. bidding portion of Opening Night, you must purchase a bid number by calling Primary Children's Hospital Foundation, 801.662.5964.
Upon completion, all creations become the property of Festival of Trees.
If for any reason you are unable to fulfill this commitment, please notify Kae Rasmussen so all reserved spaces may be utilized.
For registration information or if you have questions, please contact:
Kristi Hanni, Chair
Thank you for your "Gift of Love" to Children at
Primary Children's Hospital!