Playhouse Plaza includes playhouses, gazebos, dollhouses, children's furniture, backyard decor, and playground equipment. These items are decorated, donated, and displayed in Playhouse Plaza. They are sold by silent auction on Opening Night of Festival of Trees, November 27, 2012 and throughout Festival week, November 28 - December 1, 2012. One hundred percent of all funds raised will help children at Primary Children's Medical Center.
If you are interested in decorating and donating a playhouse to the Festival of Trees, the following policies and procedures will assist you in making your decision:
Registering Your Playhouse:
- Registrations must be submitted by November 1, 2012
- Your space will be guaranteed only if your registration is received by November 1.
- Upon receipt of your online registration, you will receive a confirmation by email. If you do not receive an email confirmation, contact Karen Bingham, 801.561.1853, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unable to fulfill this commitment, please notify Karen Bingham so all reserved spaces may be utilized.
Things to Remember When Decorating Your Playhouse:
- Size: The playhouse should not exceed overall dimensions of 12 feet in width, 10 feet in length, and 12 feet in height (12' x 10' x 12'). These dimensions should be from the outermost points (from eave to eave).
- The playhouse must be built on a framework that can be lifted with a large forklift.
- The playhouse is to be delivered to South Towne Expo Center, 9575 South State Street, Sandy, Utah, on Saturday, November 26, 2011 between 12:00 noon and 4:00 p.m. You may not work on it until 6:00 p.m. Finishing touches can be completed on Monday, November 28, 2011, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- During bid time on Opening Night the Playhouse Plaza area will have walk-through access for buyers. Playhouse Plaza will be roped off when the Festival opens to the public.
- If the item is large, you may bring it on Saturday, November 24, 2012 between 12:00 noon and 4:00 p.m. If it is a smaller item, you may bring it any time on Monday, November 26 between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Add Christmas items, wreaths, lights, etc. to promote the festive season. Finishing touches and accessories adding to the decor or theme are welcome. Upon completion, ALL items, additions, and accessories become the property of the Festival of Trees and will be priced and sold as such.
- Safety: Each item must be constructed of fireproofed material and made as child-safe as possible.
- If wired for electricity, please incorporate as many safety features as possible.
- Bring all receipts on set up day to receive a charitable tax receipt.
- All playhouses must be equipped with a smoke detector.
- If your creation is dedicated to an individual, you may bring an 8"x10" photo copy of one photo. Matted and framed, it cannot exceed 11"x14". When choosing a photo for display, please be mindful of those who will be viewing it. Do not use pictures of loved ones that have been taken after death.
- Attend Decorator's Workshop Open House on October 13, 10:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., at Primary Children's Medical Center, third floor multipurpose room.
- Upon completion of your item you will receive up to three Opening Night invitations to be used Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 8:00 p.m., OR up to six thank you tickets to the Festival to be used Wednesday through Saturday, November 28 - December 1, 2012.
- Each Opening Night ticket will admit two adults.
- Babies and children under the age of 16 will NOT be admitted on Opening Night.
- After Decorating Day, Opening Night tickets cannot be exchanged for admittance into the Festival later in the week.
- If you wish to attend the 5:00 p.m. bidding portion of Opening Night, you must purchase a bid number by calling Primary Children's Medical Center Foundation, 801.662.5966.
Upon completion, all playhouses become the property of Festival of Trees.
For additional information, contact:
Thank you for your "Gift of Love" to children at
Primary Children's Medical Center.
© Primary Children's Medical Center